Guys, listen up! Just like certain nutrients are extra important for women, some are key for men. Even if you eat a perfect diet, chances are you\’re missing out on one or more of these essential nutrients for optimal performance and health. Here\’s a highlight reel of the supplements that can most benefit men of all ages.
Top 10 men\’s health supplements
- Curcumin – may improve chronic inflammatory conditions
- Vitamin D – may help improve male fertility and erectile function
- Fish oil – improves insulin sensitivity in those with metabolic syndrome (diabetes)
- B-complex vitamins – vitamins B12 and B9 (folate) may help decrease risk of stroke
- Coenzyme Q10 – may help improve sperm parameters in men with infertility
- Zinc – helps improve testosterone production in men with infertility
- Magnesium – deficiency is associated with diabetes, cardiovascular disease, and hypertension
- Plant sterols – help reduce LDL cholesterol to minimize the risk of cardiovascular disease
- Saw palmetto – may improve male pattern baldness and has traditionally been used for prostate enlargement
- Pygeum africanum – reduces nighttime urination with prostate enlargement
Visit your local natural health retailer for more information, and ask their staff to help you select the products that are right for you.